Podcasts I am digging (last updated on 11.8.16):
- Lore – well told tales of spooky stuff and the truth behind them
- Hidden Brain – stories about life’s unseen patterns and all kinds of interesting things that go on in our brains
- Here Be Monsters –
- Invisibilia – A podcast about the invisible forces that control human behavior
- The Moth – recordings of people telling interesting stories at live events
- Planet Money – “The Economy Explained” – but in entertaining and thoughtful ways – this is not your high school econ class
- Radiolab – The hosts delve into all kinds of curious things
- The Allusionist –
- This American Life – this is a weekly radio show – each week has a theme – and there are several stories about that theme
- 99% Invisible – a show about design, architecture and the 99% invisible activity that shapes our world
- Death, Sex & Money – a show about the big questions and the hard choices that are often left out of polite conversation
- StoryCorps – selections of stories/interviews at StoryCorps booths or on the app – recording, sharing and preserving the stories of our lives
- TEDTalks (audio) – talks to stir your curiosity
- Thinking Sideways – investigating things we simply don’t have answers to
- The Truth – movies for your ears!
- Strangers – true stories about people we meet, the heartbreaks we suffer, the kindnesses we encounter, and those frightful moments when we discover that we aren’t even who we thought we were…
- Note to Self – essential quandaries for anyone trying to preserve their humanity in the digital age.
- The Dirtbag Diaries – travel and outdoors anecdotes and reflections.
- Reply All –
- Grow Big Always –
- The Memory Palace –
- The Mortified Podcast
- Our Fake History –
- Nocturne –
- The Heart –
- Radio Diaries
- Love + Radio
I use Overcast as my podcast player – simple and free.
Be my friend on Goodreads if you want – www.goodreads.com/justspringer
Also, check out www.bookbub.com.